Monday 2 April 2012

Names

So, it may be a little early to start talking about names, however, if the conversations I've had so far with Jonathan are anything to go by we are going to have a nameless baby as we cannot agree on any names. For a start he suggested Rebecca and Melissa which I think are really ugly names, no offence to anyone with those names intended I just don't like them. His other suggestion was Aquilla and lets not go there on how wrong that name is!

I have downloaded a couple of baby name apps 50000 baby names and baby names and have made a shortlist of names, none of which Jonathan likes. My girls names are as follows


  • Amelia
  • Amelie
  • Ariana
  • Charlotte
  • Freya
  • Holly
  • Phoebe
And the boys:

  • Elijah
  • Ethan
  • Freddie
  • Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Some really lovely names there Gemma, noted a few down!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I still feel like it's going to have no name. I am also worried about going off the names I have always liked by the time I have the baby.

      Delete
  2. When it comes to names you need to decide if you want to avoid names that are currently popular. Do you want your child to be known a Freya X(replace with first letter of surname)?

    When picking names we ended up going through lists and made a list of the ones we both quite liked and ones we liked as a middle name. As the pregnancy progressed we kept going back to the list and crossing names off until we were left with a few names. We then started putting them together with middles names until we found one that sounded perfect. We ended up with Ella Rose for our daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply. I think the naming is so important which is why I wanted to start early. I wanted to avoid really popular names but didn't want anything too weird. Freya has always been my favourite girls name for a long time as I feel it is a appropriate for a child as well as an adult. The surname name is Crompton which is why Freddie has been taken off the list as Freddie Crompton is too close to Freddie Kruger.

      Ella Rose is a beautiful name.

      Delete
  3. Freya, Holly and Phoebe seen quite popular at the moment, esp. Freya. Ella has 4 friends called Freya - 2 of which will be in the same school year at the same school and we live in a small town!

    ReplyDelete