Thursday 7 June 2012

21 week update

I am now 21+1 weeks pregnant which means I have 19 weeks left before my due date, this is slightly scary because if the baby comes early it will be less! At 21 weeks my baby is roughly the size of a carrot, well one that is around 10.5 inches. I am only 3 weeks away from it being viable pregnancy, that is if the baby arrives this early it has a chance of living :-)

I am still not over my scan experience last week and I'm sure people think I am over reacting, I still hate the fact that I am anxious about the baby being OK, it doesn't help that I still haven't felt it move or heard the heartbeat (which I am hoping to do at the next midwife appointment). Everytime I think about the scan it makes me cry so emotionally I am not having a good week, I have pretty much cried every day since the scan, although sometimes it isn't about the scan, for example, Prince Charles speech at the Jubilee concert had me crying as did running out of bread.

I am currently on my 2nd night at work out of seven, this is exciting as this will be my last block of seven nights until next year when I return from maternity leave.

After making a list of things Jonathan and me need to do before the baby arrives it looks like the next few weeks are going to be hectic.

Things we need to do before baby is here:

  • Clear out spare room and decorate
  • Get a multitude of items including cot and pram
  • Spring clean the whole house
  • Living room carpet needs a deep clean or replacing
  • Car boot sale on 24th June
I'm sure there is much more but even this list freaks me out, I keep finding things I would like to do like some shelves in the kitchen, the bushes at the front of my house need to go as they are getting out of  control and painting the bathroom. I know in reality that some of these things can wait until baby is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment