Saturday 25 August 2012

32 weeks update

I am now 32 weeks and 2 days pregnant, less than 8 weeks to go now. This week has been quite an active week in getting things ready for the baby, well active for eeveryone else I have been mainly co-ordinating or watching! First off all the furniture was removed, my sister took my single bed and shelving unit, the charity shop took my sideboard. My sister, her boyfriend and my brother took various items to the tip. My sister also cleaned the nursery, landing and my stairs including cleaning the carpets. My parents came up midweek and cleaned my living room carpets whilst Jonathan painted the nursery.

The nursery has been painted yellow, the shade we choose was Happy Daze by Crown, below is a picture of the painted nursery, the colour hasn't come out too well but you will see it better once the nursery is complete.

Below are a couple of items bought for the room, a light shade, night light and a star shaped light. They are on top of the changing unit which we picked up for £5 at a local baby sale, it also included a change mat and top and tail bowl.


We are basing the nursery on the star curtains mentioned in a previous post, we wanted the nursery to be full of bright colours. 

Last week we also had a bit of a scare I hadn't felt baby move for the whole day so we ended up in hospital on Saturday night hooked up to a fetal heart monitor, heartbeat was found straight away and was completely normal. The heart rate averaged at 155bpm and accelerating when the baby moved, when the baby moves the heart rate sound was interrupted by a scratching sound, I did start to feel some movements but not every time! The heart rate suggests baby is a girl but not sure how accurate the theory is. Below is the print out where you can see the movements where the gaps are. If you can't see any of the pictures clearly if you click on the picture it should enlarge.



On Tuesday I was put on insulin! I have to take 6 units with breakfast along with continuing my metformin. It has bought my levels down at breakfast but they are still not below target. Next week it is also possible that I will have to add in some slow release insulin overnight to help my fasting levels, again this have come down a lot but are not below target. After having my HbA1c (blood sugar) checked again by the lab last week the level is 42 which is the same as it was on the 6th July after my initial glucose tolerance test which is really good. It means I am still just over the limit, less than 42 is non diabetic 42-53 is diabetic. 

1 comment:

  1. hi ya gemma, i cant beileve how quick it has gone... i bet your really excited xxx lanea

    ReplyDelete