Tuesday 22 May 2012

18 Week update

I am now 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant :-) it means I am 1 week and 2 days away from being halfway there and also my 20 week scan.

Since I last blogged I have had my 16 week midwife appointment which went well. She didn't listen to heartbeat though :-( she felt for my uterus which was exactly where it should have been, my urine was clear and my blood pressure was good 125/70. I mentioned that the consultant had written my blood pressure down wrong at last appointment and she said that was fine, they are more concerned if the bottom number goes up and as long as it's 70 or below they are happy. I find it amazing how my blood pressure has not been the same at any appointments. We also had a discussion about my weight and she said I shouldn't worry too much about my weight but reiterated what everyone else has said about putting on weight. She told me the average is 2 stone (28lbs) but she sees a lady who is 8 months pregnant and has only gained 9lbs. She also told me about aquanatel classes that are run every week, I was meant to go to my first one last Friday but managed to miss my alarm, so this Friday I am going to set several alarms so I get there.

My symptoms are OK, tiredness is the worst thing at the moment, I am finding it difficult to sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time but I am hoping to catch up on my week off which starts on Thursday. I am still suffering with bad skin and woke up with two huge spots this morning to add to my ever growing collection.  In fact without the tiredness I wouldn't even know I was pregnant!

The baby this week is 5 to 5.8 inches long from crown to rump and weighs about 148.8 grams. The ears are moving to their final position and the eyes are beginning to face forward, the retinas may be able to detect light. The bones are continuing to harden and the pads of the fingers and toes will form. The finger and toe prints are also developing. The heart is pumping 25 to 30 quarts of blood a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment