Sunday 1 July 2012

24 week scan

Thursday was my repeat anomaly scan which went so much better than last time. The sonographer was like a different person, really friendly unlike last time when he just didn't bother with me.

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, see the baby moving around and get all the measurements. The baby is measuring fine for 24 weeks. On this website it has the average measurements for each week. My baby's head circumference is 216mm which is 4mm smaller than it should be, the abdomen circumference is 200mm which is 1mm smaller than it should be (yay for non fat baby!) and it's femur length is 43mm which is 2mm shorter than it should be. However, I still think my date is a day out from the scan and it's all average and this can change is the coming weeks. Jonathan has short legs considering his height, in fact I probably do too. I was worried the head would be massive as I have a huge head!


All checks could still not be completed due to the baby being curled up in a ball with it's legs over it's head by my spine again. However, the heart, stomach and bladder are all fine it still has all it limbs and as my work colleague said 'what more do you want?' Which is true I am sure that the baby is fine and healthy and cannot wait to meet him or her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment